If you are in need of an income, you may be wondering which warehouse jobs pay well. In truth, there are a variety of positions available within warehouses. Some are entry-level positions, meaning you either do not need experience or only a little experience is necessary. Then, there are management positions for individuals who grow within the industry.
When you are looking for a job, it can be helpful to know how much you could make and what your income goals are moving forward. Even with little or no experience, there are opportunities to secure warehouse jobs that pay well. The employment experts at Staffing Network have connections in the light industrial space to help you secure your next warehouse position.
Examples of Warehouse Jobs that Pay Well
Some examples of warehouse jobs that pay well include the following:
- Warehouse packagers. Individuals who are responsible for labeling items and packaging could have the job title of inspector or packer. These workers also weigh materials and assess packaging systems to be sure they align with company guidelines.
- Stock clerk. People who receive shipments and stock them may hold the position of stock clerk. They could also be in charge of assessing the quality of items before they are stocked.
- Forklift operator. Tasked with moving materials by operating a hydraulic truck, forklift operators load and unload materials within warehouse storage areas.
- Shipping and receiving. Shipping clerks keep records of what is moving in and out of a warehouse. They may also prepare labels and look for damage when items are returned. Some use of trucks to move packages from place to place.
- Production oversight. After a warehouse employee has gained experience, they could secure a production manager position. These employees train and supervise workers. There is also the possibility of needing to schedule workers, create budgets, and prepare estimates. Managers often have to maintain records in connection to quality and safety as well.
Many find pursuing temporary work to be a good way to determine what type of warehouse job could be a good match for them. A temporary placement means you will be able to earn an income while trying a position out. Then, if you want to experience a different department, you can let your contact at the staffing firm know and they can connect you with future opportunities.
Skills Needed to Excel in a Warehouse Position
There are a variety of skills and talents that are useful for warehouse work, depending on what type of job you are interested in. Many who have succeeded in warehouse positions have organizational strengths, are good communicators, and are physical coordinated. When training is required for a position, it may happen on the job. If additional skills are required, those will be shared with you prior to you securing the position.
Do you want to secure one of the many warehouse jobs that pay well? Staffing Network is a full-service staffing and recruiting firm that specializes in light/skilled industrial, engineering, and operations professionals. Let our experts help you find the best position for you. Connect with Staffing Network today.